I provide monitoring and maintenance service on the reliable operation of your data backups by installing and maintaining a robust backup and disaster recovery solution in the home, small business and/or cloud. This way you do not have to worry about the maintenance yourself. Many people believe that once a backup solution is purchased, nothing else needs to be done but to make sure the backups are happening. If the backup solution is not maintained (Software updated/upgraded, scheduled backups monitored) problems can crop up and many times you wont even know it until its too late.
I had one customer that thought his special accounting data was being backed up by Carbonite, but due to the way in which the application accessed the data, it prevented the Carbonite from accessing and backing up the data while the application was running. Since the application was open most of the time, the data was not being backed up. I point out these situations by inventorying your applications and spotting potential problems.
If you have these special cases I can sit down with you, find out whats most important to backup and provide solutions that aim to prevent catastrophic loss of critical data. I also monitor this solution on a monthly basis, update the backup software when necessary, tweak backup schedules to run at opportune times, recommend replacement hardware to improve backup functionality and possibly alert you, or trigger a backup when your storage device reports a pending failure.
But even if you have simple needs don’t let the backup of your data slip though the cracks of a computer upgrade.
If you have a current backup system in place this solution would replace your current one.
$220.00 Yearly averages out to $12.50 Monthly Includes: - my Management services - Macrium Backup Software (upgraded and updated on a yearly basis.
What you get yearly
- Monitoring of Storage Hardware: Get a possible alert of storage hardware catastrophes before they happen. In most cases a backup can be triggered in the event of a panic situation before the storage device completely fails protecting your most recent data. *
- Local, Network or Cloud backup solutions can run concurrently to give you the widest possible backup redundancy. **
- The disaster recovery software and free upgrades. ***
- My disaster recovery management and maintenance of Macrium backup software and its backup jobs on a monthly basis yearly. Macrium backup software is used by many reputable companies like Ford, Acer and Disney to protect data from failures. ****
- 1 Free Recovery in the event of a catastrophic failure of a storage device or data loss. *****
What the service doesn’t include
- Storage device: A external storage device may need to be purchased. The cost will depend on your storage requirements. For local storage, if its a single end point a storage device can run between $100 and $300. If you require more features and wider area of access via network or WiFi a site survey needs to be performed to determine what the best solution is for your needs. I can give you a free estimate on site.
* S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report various indicators of drive reliability with the intent of anticipating imminent hardware failures. When S.M.A.R.T. data indicates a possible imminent drive failure, software running on the host system may notify the user so preventative action can be taken to prevent data loss, the failing drive can be replaced and data integrity maintained. Please note that this is not a full proof method to detect and resolve hardware failures before they happen. It can help to prevent data loss, but there is no guarantee that it will.
** Backup redundancy protects your data from data loss. In the instance of a local backup if you device is lost or taken a cloud backup would protect you against theft or loss.
*** Monitoring backup jobs on a regular basis minimizes failures or faults going unchecked minimizing the build-up of recurring damage that typically cause catastrophic hardware disasters.
**** Macrium Reflect is a reliable and well a tested product for making regular backups and restores of both system and personal data. Macrium Software was founded in 2006 when CEO and Founder Nick Sills experienced a personal data disaster and in the process discovered existing backup tools were not as good as he expected. Wanting a software solution that was practical and easy to use, Nick and his team developed Macrium Reflect to create a safe and secure disk image with ultra-fast recovery times should disaster strike.
***** Does not include the cost of the replacement part or the labor required to install it, if any.