I provide home and small office management services for security, backup and maintenance of your computer, or computers. Service include monitoring and maintenance of the reliable operation of your computers by maintaining robust security, maintenance, and disaster recovery solutions. This service frees you from having to maintain these important areas yourself. Just like a car, over time, and use, computers require regular maintenance and fresh look at these important areas of your digital life. If your computer is not maintained (Updating Software, and monitoring security and backups) problems can crop up, and many times you wont even know it until it’s too late.
I had one customer that thought his special accounting data was being backed up by Carbonite, but due to the way in which the application accessed the data, it prevented the Carbonite from accessing, and backing up the data while the application was running. Since the application was open most of the time, the data was not being backed up. The customer had to rebuild that particular data set from scratch.
If needed, I take an inventory of your applications and data sets to look for potential problems and come up with a custom action plan that meets your specific needs.
If you have special cases that needs this kind of attention, I can sit down with you, and find out what’s most important to maintain. I provide solutions that aim to prevent catastrophic loss of critical data. I do this by monitoring your system’s performance, reliability, and security on a monthly basis, update software when necessary, tweak scan and backup schedules to run at opportune times, recommend replacement hardware. This allows me to possibly alert you of a pending failure, or possibly trigger a backup before a loss occurs.
But even if you have simple needs, don’t let the maintenance of your current system slip though the cracks of a upgrade.
If you have a current security or backup solution this service would be a replacement.
The System management service is $500.00 a year, which averages out to $40.00 Monthly, or $150 a year, which averages out to $12.50 monthly for a just one area of focus in either area: Security, Backup, or Maintenance. This fee (Per System) includes:
- Macrium Reflect: Disaster Recovery Solution ****
- Carbonite Cloud Backup Service (If needed) (Included with the backup management package)
- Security Software and Protection (Included with the security management package)
- Monitor’s storage systems reliability. (Included with the maintenance management package)
- Management Service (My service where I regularly monitor and maintain the package or packages)
Backup Hardware Requirement Costs
Depending on your needs, you might need a:
- $150.00 Reliable USB storage system: Lacie Rugged Portable HDD 2TB (Per System) (If required)
- or -
- $700.00 NAS(Network Attached Storage) system for local (in-home) network backup’s of all your systems, or network access to your files (Requires a network site survey $400.00) (If needed)
What you get yearly for total system management
My Personalized Management services (Health Monitoring of: Backup, Security, and System Maintenance)
- Disaster Recovery (Included with the backup management package) Backup and Management of your system (Windows operation settings, Programs, and Personal) data using Macrium Backup Software to maintain a copy of your system in case of a system crash, or hardware loss.
- Cloud Backup (Included with the backup management package) and Management of your personal data using Carbonite’s cloud storage service.(If needed)
- Hardware Reliability (Included with the maintenance management package) Monitoring Service that helps to prevent hardware disasters before they strike.
- Security Management (Included with the security management package) of your system: Maintenance of security software and features that help to protect your system from threats.
- Security Management: Install and Maintain a security solution. I remotely manage and customize security settings that help prevent threats from causing system downtime.(Please note that I cannot protect your system from certain personal use habits that aims to circumvents the system’s ability to protect you from threats. Contact me if you have questions)
- Hardware Reliability Monitoring Service: Get a possible alert of storage hardware catastrophes before they happen. In most cases a backup can be triggered in the event of a panic situation before the storage system completely fails protecting your most recent data. *
- Local, Network or Cloud backup solutions can run concurrently to give you the widest possible backup redundancy. **
- Disaster Recovery Backup and Management: My disaster recovery management and maintenance of Macrium backup software and its backup jobs on a monthly basis yearly. Macrium backup software is used by many reputable companies like Ford, Acer and Disney to protect data from failures. ****
- 1 Free Recovery in the event of a catastrophic failure of a storage system or data loss. *****
- Cloud Backup and Management: Install, Setup and Maintenance of Carbonite’s cloud backup service. I Install, setup backup jobs and monitor their reliability.
* S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology; often written as SMART) is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs), solid-state drives (SSDs), and eMMC drives. Its primary function is to detect and report various indicators of drive reliability with the intent of anticipating imminent hardware failures. When S.M.A.R.T. data indicates a possible imminent drive failure, software running on the host system may notify the user so preventative action can be taken to prevent data loss, the failing drive can be replaced and data integrity maintained. Please note that this is not a full proof method to detect and resolve hardware failures before they happen. It can help to prevent data loss, but there is no guarantee that it will.
** Backup redundancy protects your data from data loss. In the instance of a local backup if you system is lost or taken a cloud backup would protect you against theft or loss.
*** Monitoring backup jobs on a regular basis minimizes failures or faults going unchecked minimizing the build-up of recurring damage that typically cause catastrophic hardware disasters.
**** Macrium Reflect is a reliable and well a tested product for making regular backups and restores of both system and personal data. Macrium Software was founded in 2006 when CEO and Founder Nick Sills experienced a personal data disaster and in the process discovered existing backup tools were not as good as he expected. Wanting a software solution that was practical and easy to use, Nick and his team developed Macrium Reflect to create a safe and secure disk image with ultra-fast recovery times should disaster strike.
***** Does not include the cost of the replacement part or the labor required to install it, if any.